Management of Health and Safety in the Work Place
As a Chartered Safety and Health Professional Vicki Beatty Associates can help you identify the Occupational Health and safety requirements specific to your organisation and put in place simple and cost effective management measures and controls. From the production of simple policies, undertaking workplace inspections and risk assessments to the design and development of HSG65 compliant policies and BS OHSAS 18001 compliant management systems, Vicki Beatty Associates will help you find a solution to suit your organisation and your budget.
Occupational Health and safety is important to all of us, especially in the workplace, and as I am sure you know it is the requirement of all organisations to control and manage their Occupational Health and safety risks.
With the ever increasing amount of new and revised legislation it can be a daunting prospect for many organisations to keep up to date with the changes. Many employers are concerned about just how much time and money can be taken up in organising their Occupational Health and safety requirements.
Services include advice, guidance and help in undertaking the following;
- H&S Advisor/ Competent Person – annual contract negotiable to provide ongoing H&S advice and guidance for your organisation, 24hr support in an emergency, routine inspections, compliance checks, written Policies and risk assessments etc.
- Workplace inspections/audits – including offices, shared premises, sites, warehouse, workshop etc.
- Management system audits – internal audits, OHSAS 18001 pre-certification, general H&S audits
- Compliance audits – legal compliance, compliance with customer requirements, tender requirements
- Gap analysis audits/inspections – OHSAS 18001 gap analysis
- Risk assessments – general workplace risk assessments
- Specific task or hazard risk assessments – including; fire, lone working, DSE/workstation, manual handling
- COSHH assessment – assessments, training and awareness for staff
- Training – tool box talks to full day courses – practical risk assessment, manual handling awareness, and DSE awareness
- Accident and incident investigations
- Control of contractors – pre-employment/contract evaluation of competency
- Design and development of bespoke occupational health and safety policy
- Design and development of occupational health and safety management system
- Integration of occupational health and safety requirements into existing quality or environmental management systems
- Review of your organisation’s occupational health and safety management system
- Competency management – identify, measure and manage competency of your employees
Manual Handling Training
Manual handling is an important health and safety issue within the UK. Handling will always be required so training and raising awareness is necessary to reduce the risks associated with this. Those in sedentary roles can also be at risk of musculoskeletal damage, therefore our emphasis on musculoskeletal care as well as safe handling techniques will benefit all employees no matter what their role.
benefits for your business
- Legal compliance: failure to address manual handling issues in line with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, is a criminal offence.
- Social: 5 million working days are lost each year due to back pain. This is the equivalent of 20,000 people being off work for a year.
- Moral: workers should be able to return home in at least as good a state of health as they went to work.
- Publicity: many customers and stakeholders take an interest in H&S performance, reputation can take a long time to build up but a short time to loose.
- Financial: accidents and injuries cost money – through compensation, sick pay, temporary cover, fines, lost productivity and legal fees.
Initial half day and refresher courses available, in-house and public/open.
To discuss your specific needs please contact us via the contact us page